Leading the security field
"The newly opened Graduate School of Security in 2017 will lead the creation of future security knowledge."
The National Police University has presented a new paradigm in the field of Public Safety education as an integrated education institution that operates a job education program for middle managers of the police force along with a bachelor's degree program.
Introduction of the Graduate School of Security
Based on the Act on the Establishment of Police University, the Graduate School is a graduate school under the Special Act, which was established on May 30, 2017 and aims to foster academic research, development, and professional personnel in the field of Public Safety in order to effectively cope with the rapidly changing security environment.
To this end, the top faculty in the field of police university prepares specialized curriculum for each department and major, is responsible for research on practical theory and specialized education that is connected to the field, and is in charge of various research activities using various research institutes such as the National Police Agency, the Institute for Security Policy, and the Center for Investigations and Research.
- 2021 - Now
- 08. 27. The 4st commencement of GSPS(3 Master's degree produced)
- 02. 25. The 3st commencement of GSPS(27 Master's degree produced)
- 08. 28. The 2st commencement of GSPS(5 Master's degree produced)
- 02. 27. The 1st commencement of GSPS(23 Master's degree produced)
- 03. 04. Doctoral Program of Public Safety Graduate School
- 03. 05. Graduate School of Public Safety Graduate School
- 05. 30. Opened the Graduate School of Public Safety
- 05. 30. Enacted amendments to the Law on the Establishment of the Police University and the Law on the Operation of the College of Police
- 05. 08. Amendment of the "Regulations on the Operation of Bachelor's Degree of Korean National Police University (Presidential Decree)"
- 05. 19. "Korean National Police University Establishment Law" Revised